Thursday, June 21, 2012

Petition: Free Access to Safe and Sanitary Public Toilet Facilities to ALL Indian Citizens

Hi everyone!

A few days ago I wrote about an article I had read in the New York Times that detailed the woefully inadequate and unsanitary conditions of India's public toilet facilities. I also mentioned that I would be starting a petition on Change.org to raise awareness of this issue. The petition is now live. My goal is to raise at least 10,000 signatures before I contact Jairam Ramesh, India's Minister of Sanitation, to demonstrate international demand that all Indians regardless of gender or socioeconomic status have equal access to sanitary public facilities.

Please click on the link, read the petition, watch Shah Rukh Khan's public service announcement, and add your name to the cause.

I will keep you all posted over the next several weeks as signatures come in and we near our 10,000 signature goal.

http://www.change.org/petitions/free-and-sanitary-public-toilets-available-to-all-indian-citizens

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment